Package: cvs (2:1.12.13+real-26)
Links for cvs
Download Source Package cvs:
- Thorsten Glaser
- Homepage [www.nongnu.org]
Concurrent Versions System
CVS is a version control system, which allows you to keep access to old versions of files (usually source code), keep a log of who, when, and why changes occurred, etc., like RCS or SCCS. It handles multiple developers, multiple directories, triggers to enable/log/control various operations, and can work over a wide area network. The texinfo manual provides further information on more tasks that it can perform.
There are some tasks that are not covered by CVS. They can be done in conjunction with CVS but will tend to require some script-writing and software other than CVS. These tasks are bug-tracking, build management (that is, make and make-like tools), and automated testing. However, CVS makes these tasks easier.
This package contains a CVS binary which can act as both client and server, although there is no CVS dæmon; to access remote repositories, please use :extssh: not :pserver: any more.
Other Packages Related to cvs
- dep: adduser
- add and remove users and groups
- dep: libbsd0 (>= 0.0)
- utility functions from BSD systems - shared library
- dep: libgssapi-krb5-2 (>= 1.14+dfsg)
- MIT Kerberos runtime libraries - krb5 GSS-API Mechanism
- dep: libkrb5-3 (>= 1.6.dfsg.2)
- MIT Kerberos runtime libraries
- dep: zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4)
- compression library - runtime
- rec: openssh-client
- secure shell (SSH) client, for secure access to remote machines