Package: dbus (1.12.16-2ubuntu2)
Links for dbus
Download Source Package dbus:
- Utopia Maintenance Team (Mail Archive)
- Sjoerd Simons
- Sebastian Dröge
- Michael Biebl
- Loic Minier
- Simon McVittie
- Homepage [dbus.freedesktop.org]
simple interprocess messaging system (daemon and utilities)
D-Bus is a message bus, used for sending messages between applications. Conceptually, it fits somewhere in between raw sockets and CORBA in terms of complexity.
D-Bus supports broadcast messages, asynchronous messages (thus decreasing latency), authentication, and more. It is designed to be low-overhead; messages are sent using a binary protocol, not using XML. D-Bus also supports a method call mapping for its messages, but it is not required; this makes using the system quite simple.
It comes with several bindings, including GLib, Python, Qt and Java.
This package contains the D-Bus daemon and related utilities.
The client-side library can be found in the libdbus-1-3 package, as it is no longer contained in this package.
Other Packages Related to dbus
- dep: adduser
- add and remove users and groups
- dep: libapparmor1 (>= 2.8.94)
- changehat AppArmor library
- dep: libaudit1 (>= 1:2.2.1)
- Dynamic library for security auditing
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.14) [amd64]
- GNU C Library: Shared libraries
also a virtual package provided by libc6-udeb
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.28) [armhf]
- dep: libcap-ng0 (>= 0.7.9)
- An alternate POSIX capabilities library
- dep: libdbus-1-3 (= 1.12.16-2ubuntu2)
- simple interprocess messaging system (library)
- dep: libexpat1 (>= 2.1~beta3)
- XML parsing C library - runtime library
- dep: libselinux1 (>= 2.0.65)
- SELinux runtime shared libraries
- dep: libsystemd0
- systemd utility library